Non-Sparking Tools - Certified Cold Work
Non-Sparking Tools solve a big problem for industries with work in explosive environments. Not any tool will suffice. For material removal jobs in Classified Areas, including Class 1 Div 1 & 2 you need a guarantee that the work will either be done as Certified Cold Work, otherwise, you will need Habitats and Shutdown which get very expensive, very fast.
We offer the most economic solution; the ability to perform Certified cold work material removal including cutting, grinding, weld removal and surface preparation while your assets remain operational and income producing.
With TFT-Pneumatic Safety Tools, there is no need for Hot Work Permits, saving you time and money, and making your work area safer.
- Certified and Classified as Cold Work Tools
- Class 1 Division 1 & 2 (ATEX zone 1 & 2 approved).
- No need for a Hot Work Permit or Habitats
- No need to cover up adjacent surfaces – No Hot Sparks
- Low Heat (average 95-105°F grinding steel)
- Low Noise (<85 dBA)
- No Dangerous Sharp Splinters
- No Low Vibration (Average < 3.1 m/s²)
- Avoids postponements - As you can use the tool safely year round
- Avoids production stop/delays - Potentially a lot of money to save.
- Roughness Profile 40-75 microns (2.5 mils) 1600 psi on Pull Test.
- No need for fireguards – No injuries or risk due to eliminating fire and explosion risks.
- No Toxic damage - no escape of isocyanides when grinding through polyurethane coatings
- This is accomplished by reducing heat, noise, and vibration which automatically creates a safer work environment – where you save lives and protect human health, while saving money.