TFT-PNEUMATIC introduced to the market a revolutionary tool to assist in these and other types of jobs. Essentially a Certified Cold Work Grinder, commonly referred to in the market as Sparkless Grinders.
With this innovation, the time to perform a job is dramatically reduced both in terms of effort and personnel cost and can be done through an entire facility if need be. Reducing the need for inefficient surface preparation and corrosion removal may also be labor-intensive and time-consuming.
In this image, you can see multiple coats of paint being exposed as our surface prep removes layer by layer. Note the color difference as each layer was painted in a different color to reveal such a layered process. Our tools are capable of removing corrosion as well as feathering. This process is entirely dependent on the Operator and the amount of force applied onto the work piece.
One of the main benefits of TFT-PNEUMATIC Safety Tools is the advantage of being Classified as a Cold Work Tool. Other major benefits include not needing Hot work Permits, Pressurized welding enclosures, habitats, fire guards and so on to do a job in Classified Areas such as Class 1 Div 1 & 2 as well as Dust Explosive environments. However, there are other additional benefits our tools under TFT-PNEUMATIC Safety Tools category have:
- Classified as Cold Work
- No Hot work permits
- No adjacent surface damage due to NO Hot spark generation.
- Ability to perform small repairs in many areas at very high speed without the need of Pressurized welding enclosures or Habitats.
- No production shutdown
- No job delay
- Easy cleanup
- No fireguards
- Feathering capabilities
- Roughness Profile 2.5 mils
- Low rotational speed – All of our tools rotate at a maximum of 3,000 rpm
- Equivalent to common blast standards referred to in SSPC-SPC 10 (SA 2 ½ near white) Nace No. 2.
- Power tool cleaning to bare metal superior Standard SSPC-11.
Among the variety of tools in our product offering we have 2 that can contribute greatly to improve the surface preparation and corrosion removal in tight and confined spaces:
- Tool model FG-2VX-50 which is essentially a straight die grinder. It can be paired up with numerous files, we have 8 to choose from. Any of those rotating files can be fitted with an additional 4” extension to help in hard to reach areas.
- Tool model FAS-1X-50 which is a very innovative type of grinder. It can be paired up with 2 different files: A-0009 (small roughboy file) or A-0010 (large Roughboy file). In order to maintain cost competitiveness, we recommend using the smaller A-0009 file. We pair them up with Handle A-0060 RB.
By retaining a small profile we are able to get in tight and hard to reach spaces. Alternatively the handle in FAS-1X-50 can be adjusted or extended in order to clear small areas.
Additionally tool model FAS-1X-50 can be fitted with a Pipe bungee to help secure and keep in place the tool to the pipe as shown in the image below.
It is a simple way to attach this tool to a pipe. It makes the grinding process more effortless, even under the pipe. It allows for grinding under the pipe without lying underneath thus avoiding the risk of getting debris in the eyes.