One of the areas more sensitive to corrosion is SUBSEA. Special materials and techniques need to be used to maximize asset operational lifetime and minimize downtime and cost.
For such tasks, we have both surface preparation, grinders and cutting tools. TFT-PNEUMATIC Safety Tools provide 2.5 mil surface prep while doing it as Certified Cold Work. As far as cutting we can provide special tools and discs that will not trigger ignitions.
Being able to use our Air Tools underwater has both benefits and drawbacks. The main benefit it that it is Certified as Cold Work, the main drawback is that when the tool is not powered salt water may enter the tool. For such a situation we recommend minimizing the non-operational time of the tool while underwater. Once the job is finished add oil into the air tool inlet as to flush any water.
Benefits at a glance:
· Certified and Classified as Cold Work Tools
· No Hot Sparks – No damage to coatings nearby
· Low Heat (average 95-105°F grinding steel)
· Low Noise (<85 dBA)
· No Dangerous Sharp Splinters
· No Low Vibration (Average < 3.1 m/s²)
· Roughness Profile 40-75 microns (2.5 mils) 1600 psi on Pull Test.