One of the areas of most corrosion in an Offshore Rig is the Splash Zones. A good surface preparation is a must in order for the coating to adhere correctly and provide the specified life cycle.
Such areas are particularly problematic for a grinder or a sandblaster since you don’t want to throw sparks and burn the adjacent paint or use a sandblaster and peel off unnecessary surfaces. Hauling a big heavy system and transporting the sand is unnecessary for applications like this.
For such a task we recommend TFT-PNEUMATIC Safety Tools. By means of tool model FAS-1X-50 /A-0108, rotating file A-0010 and Handle model A-0060RB we are able to provide a good surface preparation in the most demanding circumstances.
Benefits at a glance:
- Certified and Classified as Cold Work Tools
- No Hot Sparks – No damage to coatings nearby
- Low Heat (average 95-105°F grinding steel)
- Low Noise (<85 dBA)
- No Dangerous Sharp Splinters
- No Low Vibration (Average < 3.1 m/s²)
- Roughness Profile 40-75 microns (2.5 mils) 1600 psi on Pull Test.
When speed and effectiveness are of the essence you can rely on TFT-PNEUMATIC Safety Tools.