TFT-PNEUMATIC’s – Tool comparison File A-0010 vs A-0009
Among the products TFT-PNEUMATIC Safety Tools offers we have some cold work grinders and surface prep tools.
They are Certified as Cold Work Tools and can be used in Classified Environments without the need of:
- Hot work Permits
- Pressurized welding enclosures
- Fire watches
- Nitrogen purgings
- Slow-downs, and startups
Among the many benefits of using TFT-PNEUMATIC’s surface prep tool are the the following:
- Ability to work in Class 1 Div 1&2 and EX Classified Areas.
- Roughness Profile 2.5 mils
- Equivalent to common blast standards referred to in SSPC-SPC 10 (SA 2 ½ near white) Nace No. 2.
Such jobs that take place in areas where flammable materials are present such as natural gas, methane, and all sorts of hydrocarbons, require a very special set of tools to be used.
In many cases, they require to be Classified and Certified as Cold Work. For surface preparation, we have a very special set that can get the job done fast, and properly.
TFT Safety Tools Angle Grinder FAS-1X-50
The tool model we will be discussing today is the Angle Grinder FAS-1X-50. It is designed as a very low profile angle head tool. The type of jobs it can do include grinding, surface preparation, paint, rust, and scale removal.
Handle model A-0060RB is designed to secure the desired file onto the tool.
The 2 files to choose from are A-0010 Roughboy File and A-0009 File.
As you may see from the pictures below, file A-0010 is significantly larger than file A-0009. Every bit of 6 times larger. It is also more expensive due to the sheer amount of material being used and the time it takes to make every single cut and give this special tool its shape.
Each tool has some advantages over the other one, we will list most of them below.
Characteristics and advantages of File A-0010 Roughboy:
- More material removal surface contact patch when used on flat surfaces.
- Longer life span – Some users have reported in excess of 10,000 sqft of surface prep area with this tool and 1,000 man-hours.
- Ability to work both on flat surfaces as well as pipe.
Characteristics and advantages of File A-0009:
- Lower rotational mass takes less stress on the tool.
- Long life span – Some users report in excess of 3,500 sqft of surface prep and 350 man-hours.
- Significantly cheaper, close to 1/3 of the price of model A-0010.
- Easier to maneuver due to size.
- Ideal for pipe as due to tool profile.
- Able to remove only very top layer on flat surfaces (See pic. 4.)
At TFT-PNEUMATIC we are constantly working with diverse applications and Users and urge you to contact us for more information on this tool and How it can benefit your workplace.
Please reach us at: +1 713.862.4851